- Watch the sun rise over the unforgettable Angkor Wat temple complex, Cambodia
- Spend three days cruising Ha Long Bay, Vietnam on a traditional junk boat, and spend a night on a private island
- Stay at an elephant camp in northern Thailand, bathing and feeding these gentle giants
- Beach, party, sleep, repeat on Thailand’s paradise islands, including Koh Phi Phi, Phangan, and Tao
- Find out about Cambodia’s tragic history at S21 Prison and the Killing Fields, Phnom Penh
- Learn to surf in Lombok, explore Gili T by bike and take a sunrise dolphin cruise in beautiful Bali (option 2 only)
This amazing combo tour takes you through the best of beautiful Asia. Kick off in Thailand with temple tours, hill treks, elephant camps, snorkelling trips and some of the best beaches in the world. Then it’s on to vibrant Vietnam where you’ll cruise the emerald waters of Ha Long Bay, explore tranquil Ninh Binh, visit the ancient town of Hoi An, and discover the floating markets of the Mekong Delta. Cambodia’s next on the menu, where you’ll learn about the country’s history in Phnom Penh, bliss out on dazzling beaches on Koh Rong, and (big bucket-list moment) watch the sun come up over the incomparable Angkor Wat. Add on beautiful Bali for more paradise beaches, surf lessons, snorkelling and an unforgettable dolphin cruise. What a trip!
Want to find out more?
Download more trip information and detailed itinerary
Amazing Asia is waiting for you. Just choose trip option 1 or 2, pack your bags and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
- Option 1: Thailand – Vietnam – Cambodia
- Option 2: Thailand – Vietnam – Cambodia – Bali
The trip is flexible, so if you want to add in or take out any destinations, speak to your travel advisor and we can help you tailor your itinerary.
Thai Experience (25 days)
Kick off your tour of amazing Asia in bustling Bangkok where you’ll tour the city’s waterways on a longtail boat, tuck into street food, tour glistening temples and party the night away on Khao San Road. Then head north to Chiang Mai, for Thai cooking classes, and bartering in the famous night market. You’ll spend a night at an incredible elephant project, bathing and feeding the animals, before spending time trekking through northern Thailand’s stunning countryside. Stay in a rustic retreat and go bamboo rafting before taking the short flight South to Koh Phi Phi. Enjoy three days in paradise, chilling on the gorgeous beaches by day and going large in Phi Phi’s beach bars when the sun goes down. We’ll take you to the best viewpoint and on a snorkelling trip, including a stop at Monkey Beach. Next up it’s Ao Nang, where we’ll enjoy a street-food crawl, spend a day kayaking through mangrove forests to the ancient caves of Bor Thor, and spend a day sailing round Phi Phi National Park. We’ll have a night inland in Khao Sok National Park, sleeping in a traditional Thai float-house on the lake, before making our way to Koh Samui for three days of living the beach life. We’ll take a cruise into the turquoise waters of Ang Thong Marine Park and spend a night in the famous Ark Bar. Our penultimate stop in Southern Thailand is the legendary party isle of Koh Phangan where you can learn Muay Thai, join a yoga class, or just kick back on the beautiful beaches. Last but not least is the dinky diving island of Koh Tao. We’ve just got time to squeeze in another boat trip, as well of plenty of bumming around on the beach, before settling down on the night bus back to Bangkok.
Vietnam and Cambodia Experience (21 days)
Touchdown in historic Hanoi where we’ll explore the city by rickshaw before making tracks for the unforgettable Ha Long Bay. Spend three days cruising the emerald waters on a traditional junk boat, kayaking, sunbathing and staying a night on a private island. Travel south to Ninh Binh, for bike rides through rice-fields, boat trips on the river and Dragon Mountain Viewpoint. Then continue on to Hoi An – one of Vietnam’s most ancient and picturesque towns. Go crab-fishing with some local fishermen, join a Vietnamese cooking class, and wander the stunning lantern-lit streets. Then take the short flight to Ho Chi Minh City for a night of fun, ahead of journeying into the watery world of the Mekong Delta. Our last stop in Vietnam is the fascinating Cu Chi Tunnels, where we’ll learn all about Vietnam during the war, before jumping on the bus to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
We’ll spend two nights in exotic Phnom Penh, learning about its tragic history at S21 Prison and the Killing Fields, before continuing to the lovely riverside town of Kampot. Spend a couple of days messing about in the river, visiting a pepper plantation, taking part in a Khmer cooking class, and taking a sunset cruise, before heading to paradise. Enjoy two nights on the idyllic tropical island of Koh Rong, taking a snorkelling trip and enjoying a massage on the beach, before making tracks back to the mainland and on to Siem Reap. We’ll visit the floating villages around the city, ahead of one of the bucket-list biggies – sunrise at Angkor Wat. Explore the highlights of this mind-blowing complex of temples, before a final epic dinner and party with your group.
Bali Beaches – option 2 only (13 days)
Welcome to beautiful Bali! Spend your first couple of nights in lively Canggu, relaxing on the beach, visiting Uluwatu Temple, taking a surf lesson and enjoying the beach bars in the evenings. Then head to Ubud, with a stop on the way at Tanah Lot Temple and Monkey Forest, where you’ll meet the cheeky residents. Enjoy three nights in spiritual Ubud, with visits to a coffee plantation, the rice terraces, a local school, a beautiful waterfall, and lunch by an active volcano. Then hop on board the boat to laid-back Gili Trawangan for some textbook tropical beauty. Take a bicycle tour of the car-free island, enjoy a day island hopping and snorkelling, join an Indonesian cooking class, and dance on the sands at an epic beach party. Then continue on to Kuta Lombok, where you’ll meet a local Sasak tribe, join a yoga class, take a surf lesson and tour the best beaches on the island. Then it’s back to Bali, where our last stop is chilled out Lovina in the north of the island. We’ll take an early morning dolphin cruise, visit some hot springs and hit some of the gorgeous local waterfalls, before travelling back to Kuta on day 13 - wow!
Download the trip notes for a full day to day itinerary!
- 24 night’s accommodation
- 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Bangkok city boat tour
- Cookery class in Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai night market tour
- Ethical elephant experience
- Trekking in the northern foothills
- Bamboo rafting
- Koh Phi Phi viewpoint visit
- Phi Phi boat trip with snorkelling and kayaking
- Ao Nang street food crawl
- Bor Thor mangrove forests kayak trip
- Krabi boat trip including Hong and Poda islands
- Drinking water on Krabi boat trip
- Khao Sok long-tail boat trip
- Ang Thong National Marine Park visit
- Koh Tao Snorkel Boat Trip
Vietnam & Cambodia Experience
- 20 nights’ accommodation
- 16 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 5 dinners
- Rickshaw tour of Hanoi
- Night out in Hanoi
- Overnight boat trip on Ha Long Bay
- Sea kayaking & caving
- Private island stay
- Riverside homestay
- Bicycle tour of Ninh Binh
- Rowboat experience in Ninh Binh
- Sunset at Dragon Mountain Viewpoint
- Vietnamese cooking class
- Crab fishing boat tour
- Phnom Penh tuk tuk tour
- Guided tour of S21 prison
- Tour of the Killing Fields
- River kayaking & tubing in Kampot
- Kampot boat trip
- Market & pepper plantation visits
- Khmer cooking class
- Koh Rong snorkelling boat trip
- Traditional Khmer massage
- Siem Reap tuk tuk tour
- Floating villages visit
- Angkor Wat sunrise tour
Bali Beaches (option 2 only)
- 12 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast every day
- Visit to Tanah Lot temple
- Surf lesson
- Visit to Uluwatu temple
- Tegenungan Waterfall visit
- Trip to Monkey Forest
- Trip to local markets
- Local primary school visit
- Coffee plantation trip
- Volcano visit
- Trip to rice terraces
- Gili Islands boat trip
- Bike ride
- Beach party
- Sasak tribe visit
- Yoga class
- Surf lesson
- Dolphin watching
- Trip to Banjar hot springs
- Cooking class
- Trip to local waterfall
All trip sections
- Group leader
- Airport transfer on arrival
- All on-trip transport
- Help with onward travel plans
- 24 hour emergency support
- International flights
- Return airport transfers
- Optional activities
- Extra accommodation
- Meals and drinks not listed in the itinerary
- Thai Experience: 24 nights’ accommodation are included. Most nights will be spent in premium hostels in a combination of single and mixed sex dorms. Rooms are usually shared between 4 to 10 people. The hostels on this section of the trip have been specially selected to suit young travellers who want a sociable experience without compromising on style. You’ll also spend one night at an elephant camp in simple dorm-style huts, a night in traditional rustic accommodation on an overnight trek, and one night on a floating bungalow in Khao Sok National Park.
- Vietnam and Cambodia Experience: 20 nights’ accommodation are included. You’ll stay in a mix of hotels, hostels, guesthouses and homestays. There’s also one night on a traditional junk boat while cruising Ha Long Bay and a night on an overnight bus.
- Bali Beaches (option 2 only): 12 nights’ accommodation are included. All rooms are twin share, with the exception of your room in Ubud, which will be quad share. All the accommodations have air-conditioning and a swimming pool.
Included meals for each section of the trip are as follows. You’ll have to buy the rest of your meals, snacks and drinks yourself. This gives you maximum flexibility to enjoy Asia’s varied, affordable and delicious cuisine.
- Thai Experience: 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Vietnam and Cambodia Experience: 16 breakfasts, 9 lunches and 5 dinners
- Bali Beaches (option 2 only): 12 breakfasts
Arrive in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) on day 1 of this section of the trip or earlier. If you arrive between 6am and 10pm, one of our local team members will be at the airport to meet you. We’ve got a welcome meeting scheduled for 3pm, so we recommend that you arrive in time for that if you can. If you fly into Bangkok’s smaller Don Muang Airport (DMK), or outside the hours indicated above, you’ll have to get a taxi to the starting accommodation.
This leg of the trip finishes on day 25 in Bangkok. A return airport transfer is not included but is easy to arrange locally with your guide.
Vietnam and Cambodia Experience
Arrive in Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in Hanoi, Vietnam on day 1 of this section of the trip, or earlier. One of our guides will meet you and transfer you to your starting accommodation. There are no activities planned for today so arrive at a time that works for you.
This leg of the tour ends in Siem Reap, Cambodia on day 21. A return airport transfer is not included but your guide can help you arrange one. It takes around 40 minutes (depending on traffic) to reach the airport from the city centre.
Bali Beaches (option 2 only)
Arrange flights to arrive in Denpasar International Airport (also known as Ngurah Rai) (DPS) on day 1 of this leg of the trip. If you arrive on the trip start date, one of our local team will meet you from the airport and transfer you to your starting accommodation.
The trip ends on day 13 in Kuta, Bali. You’ll need to make your own way back to Denpasar International Airport, which is a short taxi ride. However, we recommend you either arrange an extra night of accommodation in Bali before flying, or book your flight after 8pm on day 13, to allow plenty of time to travel from Lovina to Kuta beforehand.
Please note: Make sure you allow plenty of time to reach your destination. You may have some days between the different sections of your trip. Speak to your travel adviser for more information.
This trip is designed for those aged 18-35. This trip requires you to show evidence that you have been fulled vaccinated against covid-19 (final dose administered a minimum of 14 days prior to the start of the trip).
- Thailand: British passport holders can enter Thailand for up to 30 days without a visa. Please make sure you have at least 6 months remaining on your passport and that you have a valid onward flight ticket.
- Vietnam: British nationals must apply for a visa before entering Vietnam. You can apply for a 30-day eVisa through the official Vietnamese Government website.
- Cambodia: British travellers need a visa to enter Cambodia. You can apply for a visa online or complete a form on arrival at the Cambodian border (where you will need to pay a fee). Visa are valid for 30 days from arrival.
- Bali (option 2 only): British passport holders can enter Bali without a visa for up to 30 days. You will need at least 6 months remaining on your passport.
Please note: Visa, passport and entry restrictions can be subject to change. Always check foreign travel advice before your trip.
Can I Travel On My Own?
Yes of course. Lots of our customers are solo travellers so it easy to make new friends.
How Many People Will Be In My Group?
Between 12 and 22, depending on the section of the trip and how many people have booked on to your tour.
Will Each Leg Of The Trip Follow On Directly From The Last?
Not necessarily. Depending on your dates of travel, there may be a number of days in between trip sections. Speak to your travel adviser for more information and assistance in booking extra accommodation if needed.
I’m Travelling With A Friend, Can We Stay Together?
Yes! Let us know at the time of booking and we’ll try to ensure you’re placed together.
Due to Covid-19, many of our partners and suppliers across the globe are putting in place new procedures and policies regarding health and safety in response to the outbreak. These new measures will adapt and change as the state of travel evolves, and the policies and procedures will vary depending on each trip. Some changes that you may experience on our trips are:
Updated safety & hygiene procedures
Health and safety measures will be adapted by our partners and suppliers, dependent on local laws and restrictions.
Different transport & accommodation
You may find yourself on transport or in accommodation that would not typically be used, such as hostels that are more secluded, or on more private transport. This may vary by trip, or even by individual departure dates.
Most trips include a meeting on arrival with the guide or local team to discuss the trip, and this is an opportunity for you to ask any questions. You should arrive in time to attend these briefings.
Emergency support 24/7
We have a UK based 24/7 emergency phone line if you have a genuine urgent matter that you need attending.
Knowledgeable & Trained Staff
We can help answer any questions or concerns you may have before you depart. Whilst travelling the guide or local team on our trips are there to help, and to ensure the smooth running of our trips.
Should you require medical assistance whilst travelling, the local team or guide will be able to help you get to a point of care. Medical facilities and standards can vary across the glove, so you should ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place.
Varying group sizes
To begin with, many trips will run with amended group sizes, so you may find smaller groups than would be typical. This may vary by trip, or even by individual departure dates.
Whilst there may be changes on our trips, it is vital that you make travelling safer for yourself, your travel companions, the local staff and guides, and the people of the country you are visiting. You should follow all local laws and restrictions, and follow the guidance of the local team. In addition, you can help make travel safer by bringing and using your own face coverings/masks and hand sanitiser, social distance where appropriate, wash your hands frequently, and cover your face when coughing or sneezing.