Planning your travels and after some top tips for capturing the best photos? You’re in the right place!
Your Instagram account has never been more thankful for planning a trip around the world. The stunning beaches, ridiculous views and classic food snaps are all begging to be uploaded! However want to make sure you’ve got the best shot for the optimum number of likes? George is our marketing guru here at Real Gap Experience, and as a lover of all things Instagram she has decided to share...
Did someone say ASIA! Just for you guys, we’ve put together a cheeky list touching on seven of the most impressive, culturally rich and occasionally mischievous Asian destinations to firmly stamp on your ‘bucket list'. Y’all enjoy it.
1) Angkor Wat - Angkor Wat is one of our all-time favourite places, not just because it’s all mysterious/sassy/bea-uuuuut-iful, but because we can legit play ‘Lara Croft’ and not feel like a fool. No seriously - as one of the Seven Wonders of the World,...Read More
#MyRealExperience - GoPro WINNER
*Drumroll please*… CONGRATULATIONS LAURA WINTER!!! We LOVE your ‘Hands-Up at Halong Bay’ post.
@laura.winter: Arrived in Halong...
We bet if we were to ask you right here, right now where you wanted to go travelling, you'd be able to tell us. (Go on, give it a go).
From there, how do you feel about travelling around the world? (It's a little bit scary, right?). Wrong, sista.
Once you've put a plan of action in place, done you research and sussed out where you want to go, grab a map and put in all your 'I HAVE TO GO HERE OR ELSE' locations in to the great abyss. This will tell you whether you want to travel round the...Read More
Thinking about travelling abroad over the winter period? If you're not too sure whether to head abroad over the Christmassy period, here's some advice as to how you can facilitate your time away.
Not too sure where to go?
We feel your pain. There's so much choice out there that sometimes it can feel a bit overwhelming to find your perfect travel destination. Need a little hand?
We think you should go to Thailand if: you want to party over Christmas. The Thailand Experience covers both Christmas...Read More
It's September, and it's already cold, windy and wet.
WE'RE FED UP OF THIS ALREADY, OKAY?!
And as we're basically advocates for the sassy things in life like swanning off on an adventure, how travelling's wicked and being brilliant, these are our top 11 reasons as to why you should venture into the great outdoors this winter.
1) You're footloose and fancy free - and being kept house bound for the whole of winter makes you feel like a fugitive/Baby when she was nearly abandoned in Dirty Dancing.
Thinking of volunteering in northern Thailand with us? Past volunteers Melissa and Becky took part in our 'Childcare Volunteers' program and after having such an amazing time, decided to talk us through their schedules in the gorgeous Surin.
8:30 We get picked up by our coordinator (Tuk, she was amazing!) with the other volunteers. It's about an half an hour drive, and if there's a few of you, you get to sit in the back of the truck and enjoy the scenery (and the cool breeze) along the way!
If you’re booked on to one of Real Gap Experience's volunteering trips this year, you’ll probably be thinking about what you should pack away with you on your big adventure. (Clothes/sassy bits and bobs never stray far away from our brain!)
We get asked this question a lot at RG HQ, and we reckon these things will get you by:
1) Be culturally sensitive. At some of your projects, you’ll be required to cover your knees and shoulders – and it’s worth checking up where this’ll be applicable...Read More
Looking to do something with a bit of 'roar'? Volunteering with wildlife is as good as it gets... check out our top 6 reasons to head out into the wild and start experiencing life!
1) See a different side to the world: These animals aren't just cuddly and cute – and that’s not what we’re all about! Find out more about them as a species from the experts and take your time out to learn and grow.
2) Get to know them behind the scenes: Who else can say they've walked next to a lion, or tracked...Read More