Ultimate Asia Experience
13 or 16 weeks from £5,999
- Explore the most stunning places on Earth – stay on a private island in Ha Long Bay, go river tubing in Vang Vieng, watch the sun rise over Mount Bromo and visit the Secret Lagoons in Palawan
- Find your own slice of beach paradise – bliss out on the dazzling white sands of Tallala, Koh Samui, Koh Rong, Gili Trawangan, Lombok, Boracay, Palawan and many more!
- Have some amazing animal encounters – stay at an elephant project in Thailand, see dolphins at dawn in Bali, watch elephants in the wild at Udawalawe National Park and swim with whale sharks in the Philippines
- Visit the most incredible historic sites in the world – watch the sun rise over Angkor Wat, explore the ancient town of Hoi An, climb to the top of Sigiriya Rock Fortress and visit the Killing Fields
- Have some incredible cultural experiences – stay with local families in Indonesia, meet the geisha in Kyoto, stay overnight in a Japanese temple, explore floating markets on the Mekong, meet a Sasak tribe in Lombok
- Pick up new skills – learn Kendo from a Samurai, practice yoga on Lombok, hone your surfing skills in Bali and become a master at rolling sushi in Tokyo
From the streets of Tokyo to the emerald rice terraces of Bali, there’s nowhere else like Asia. Looking for a tour that hits all the highlights and then some? This incredible itinerary is the answer. Explore beaches, temples, jungle and bustling cities in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, before even more adventure in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, with mountains, surfing and homestays. Snorkel and party in Bali and Lombok, before the beauty of the Philippines blows your mind. Add on Sri Lanka and Japan for even more culture, wildlife and adventure. Just wow!
Want to find out more?
Download more trip information and detailed itinerary
Explore up to ten of Southeast Asia’s most amazing countries on this mind-blowing combo-tour. It’s wall to wall bucket-list moments! Choose option 2 to add on stunning Sri Lanka and one of Asia’s most fascinating destinations - Japan.
Option 1: Thailand – Laos – Vietnam – Cambodia – Malaysia – Singapore - Indonesia –- Philippines
Option 2: Sri Lanka – Japan – Thailand – Laos – Vietnam – Cambodia – Malaysia – Singapore - Indonesia - Philippines
For full day-by-day details, download the Info Pack.
Sri Lanka Experience – option 2 only (12 days)
Welcome to Sri Lanka! Spend a night in the beachside resort of Negombo, before heading north to Dambulla, where we’ll spend the next two nights in a luxury glamping resort. We’ll visit the spectacular Sigiriya Rock Fortress, stop at a rural village and take a river cruise through the lush countryside. Next up it’s colourful Kandy, for temple visits and riverside walks, before continuing south to Ella on one of the most beautiful train rides in the world. In Ella is we’ll take a country hike, and pay a visit to the Nine Arch Bridge. Then we’re off to see some of Sri Lanka’s unique wildlife in Udawalawe National Park. After spotting wild elephants, we’ll head back to the coast, where we’ll hop from Dikwella, to Tallala and Mirissa, enjoying surf lessons, monastery visits and some blissful beach moments.
Intro to Japan – option 2 only (10 days)
Konichiwa! Kick off in fabulous Tokyo, where you’ll spend three days exploring the unique districts of the city, including Harajuku and Akhibara, learning to roll sushi, watching a robot show and visiting one of the busiest crossings in the world. Then head to Hakone for views of Mount Fuji, and a pirate ship cruise, ahead of a bullet train to Takayama. Spend a night in an ancient temple, sipping sake and sleeping on tatami mats. Next up it’s Kyoto – Japan’s cultural heart. Wander cobbled streets, looking for geisha, learn Kendo from a Samurai, visit the Fushimi-Inari Shrine, explore the Bamboo Forest and meet the cheeky locals at Monkey Mountain. Our final destination is Osaka, where we’ll explore the neon-soaked Dotonbori district and enjoy a mouth-watering food tour, before making tracks for Bangkok.
Southeast Asia Experience (33 days)
Start your Southeast Asia Experience in bustling Bangkok before catching the night train to Chiang Mai. You’ll have an amazing day in an elephant sanctuary, spend two days trekking through the jungle, and explore Chiang Mai’s famous night market.
Then take a flight to Luang Prabang, Laos, for waterfalls, school visits, caves and ethnic villages. Our next stop in Laos is the gorgeous riverside town of Vang Vieng where we’ll go tubing on the river and chill out in the riverside bars.
Then we’ll fly to Vietnam, landing in Hanoi, where we’ll explore the Old Quarter, before a two-day cruise on the unforgettable Ha Long Bay (including a night on a private island!) Back on dry land, head to Phong Na National Park for bike tours of the most beautiful and unspoilt landscapes. Next up it’s the atmospheric town of Hoi An where we’ll wander the ancient streets, visit the local beach and fish for crabs in traditional basket boats. Spend a couple of days in Ho Chi Minh City, exploring the nightlife and the hectic streets.
Next stop is Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Learn about the tragic history of this country at S21 Prison and the Killing Fields before taking a ferry to beautiful Koh Rong Island. Enjoy a few days of the beach life, with beach parties and an adventure boat trip, where we’ll spend the night in hammocks on a deserted beach. Leave paradise behind and travel back to the mainland where we’ll continue on to our last stop on this leg of the tour – Siem Reap. We’ll visit a floating village, take a boozy bike tour and sample some more unusual Cambodian delicacies at a bug market. We’ll round off this part of the trip in style, with sunrise over the incomparable Angkor Wat. Then we’ll drop you back in Bangkok, ready for the next stage of the adventure.
Bangkok to Bali (27 days)
You’ve got a couple of days to explore the delights of Bangkok at your leisure, before taking the overnight train south. Spend a night in the lush beauty of Khao Sok National Park, before hitting Thailand’s tropical islands. You’ve got two days on the party island of Koh Samui, relaxing on the beach and taking a snorkelling trip round some of the neighbouring islands- bliss!
Then cross the border into Malaysia, where our first stop is historic George Town, before we continue on to Chenderoh Lake, where we’ll stay with a local family. Next up it’s the Cameron Highlands for rainforest hikes, waterfall swims and tea plantation tours. Then make tracks for Kuala Lumpur, where you’ll have two full days to explore the delights of the capital. Then take a local bus to the colonial town of Melaka, for river cruises and great Chinese food.
Cross the Malaysia / Singapore border for a day and a night in the cosmopolitan city. Tour Quay Harbour by boat, hit the shops and tuck into some street food.
Get ready for some more ink in your passport as we fly into Jakarta, Indonesia. Move quickly on to Cianjur, for floating villages, tea plantations and a night in a local homestay. Then it’s Bandung where you’ll have free time to explore the amazing shops and soak up the lively uni town atmosphere. Then hop on the train to Yogykarta. Explore the Borobudur Temple Complex, watch an Indonesian shadow puppet show, or visit the gorgeous Kraton Palace. Next stop is Ngadas. Spend a night in a homestay, and trek to Mount Bromo’s spectacular crater for the most incredible views at sunrise. Back at sea-level, you’ve got two nights in an epic surf camp.
Cross over to Bali, where we’ll spend a couple of days in the gloriously untouristed Pemuteran region, before ending this leg of the tour in Kuta.
Bali Beaches (13 days)
Meet your group in lively Canggu and enjoy a couple of nights here, visiting temples, taking surf lessons, and partying after the sun goes down. Head to Ubud, with another temple visit and a stop in Monkey Forest on the way. Ubud brings colourful markets, coffee plantations, rice terraces, school visits and a swim in a stunning waterfall. Then we’ll take a boat to the gorgeous Gili Islands, for three days of paradise beaches, bike rides, and snorkelling boat trips. The rugged island of Lombok is next, where we’ll meet local tribes, take another surf class, get our zen on with a yoga session and trek to a viewpoint for sunset. Then head back to Bali, staying in Lovina, in the north of the island this time. We’ll round off with some pretty special experiences here, with a sunrise dolphin cruise, a visit to some hot springs and another spectacular waterfall.
Philippines Island Hop (12 days)
Last, (but certainly not least) is the Philippines. Meet the group in Manila before flying to beautiful Boracay. Enjoy three days of dazzling beaches and crystal-clear seas, and swim with colourful marine life on a fabulous boat trip. Then take a quick flight to Moalboal on Cebu island. Visit the iconic Kawasan Falls, and have some unforgettable marine encounters, including swimming with whale sharks and joining the famous Moalboal sardine run. Our last stop is El Nido on the jaw-dropping island of Palawan, where we’ll spend four days in paradise, including a Filipino cooking class and a boat trip to the Secret Lagoons – easily among the most beautiful places on Earth. Then it’s time to pack your bags, say your goodbyes and get planning the next trip!
For full day-by-day details, download the Info Pack.
Sri Lanka Experience (option 2 only)
- 11 nights’ accommodation
- 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Airport transfer on arrival
- Local markets
- Tuk tuk rides
- Local village visit
- River boat ride
- Sigiriya View climb
- Spice garden
- Temple of the Tooth
- Tea plantation
- Ella train journey
- Little Adam’s Peak
- Nine Arches Bridge
- Safari experience
- Learn to surf
- Buddhist monk visit
Intro to Japan (option 2 only)
- 9 nights’ accommodation
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch & 3 dinners
- Culture and language class
- Harajuku tour
- Meiji Shrine visit
- Akihabara tour
- Tsukiji Fish Market visit
- Sushi making class
- Robot restaurant
- Shibuya Crossing visit
- Mt Fuji viewing
- Cable car in Hakone
- Pirate ship cruise on Lake Ashi
- Sake tasting
- Traditional temple stay
- Takayama Old Town tour
- Takayama morning market walk
- Gion walking tour
- Golden Pavilion visit
- Daitoku-Ji walk
- Kendo class and guided meditation
- Monkey Mountain climb
- Arashiyama Bamboo Forest visit
- Arashiyama boat tour
- Dotonbori street food tour
- Karaoke night in Osaka
Southeast Asia Experience (33 days)
- 32 nights’ accommodation
- 12 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners
- Elephant sanctuary visit
- Chiang Mai homestay experience
- Jungle trek to hill tribe village
- Kuang-Si Waterfalls visit
- Blue Lagoon 2 visit
- Hoa Lo Prison visit
- Ha Long Bay 2-day experience
- Ha long Bay private island stay
- Ha Long Bay kayaking
- Phong Nha karaoke
- Hoi An guided tour
- Ho Chi Minh City guided tour
- Walking tour of Phnom Penh
- Koh Rong adventure boat cruise
- Koh Rong beach hammock stay
- S21 prison visit
- Siem Reap walking tour
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat
- Guided tour of Bayon and Ta Prohm Temples
Bangkok to Bali
- 26 nights' accommodation
- 18 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Desa Ngadas Ancestor Trail trek
- Desa Ngadas village walk
- Day trip to Koh Madsum
- Orientation walk Cameron Highlands
- Orientation walk of Bandung
- Entrance to Mt. Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park
- Mt. Bromo crater walk
- Mt. Bromo sunrise climb
- Red Island surf lesson
- 2 street food crawls
Bali Beaches + Lombok (13 days)
- 12 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast every day
- Airport transfer on arrival
- Visit to Tanah Lot temple
- Surf lesson
- Visit to Uluwatu temple
- Tegenungan Waterfall visit
- Trip to Monkey Forest
- Trip to local markets
- Local primary school visit
- Coffee plantation trip
- Volcano visit
- Trip to rice terraces
- Gili Islands boat trip
- Bike ride
- Beach party
- Sasak tribe visit
- Yoga class
- Surf lesson
- Dolphin watching
- Trip to Banjar hot springs
- Cooking class
- Trip to local waterfall
Philippines Island Hop
- 11 nights’ accommodation
- 5 breakfasts and 1 lunch
- Airport transfer on arrival
- Beach time in El Nido
- Secret Lagoon cruise
- Swim with whale sharks and sardines
- Kawasan Falls visit
- Boracay island boat trip and snorkelling
- Filippino cooking demonstration
All trip sections
- Group leader
- On-trip transport including internal flights
- Help with onward travel plans
- 24-hour emergency support
- International flights (between trip sections)
- Return airport transfers
- Optional activities
- Meals and drinks not listed in itinerary
- Sri Lanka Experience (option 2 only): 11 nights’ accommodation. All rooms are on a single-sex, twin basis. You’ll spend 7 nights in hotels, 3 nights glamping and 1 night in an eco-retreat.
- Intro to Japan (option 2 only): 9 nights’ accommodation. Rooms are mainly twin or triple share, with one night in a multi-share temple room. Accommodation ranges from modern hostels to traditional guesthouses and temples.
- Southeast Asia Experience: 32 nights’ accommodation. Most rooms will be on a mixed-sex dorm-style basis with between 6 and 12 people per room. You’ll stay in varied accommodation with some nights on sleeper trains and night buses and one night in a hammock on a beach in Cambodia.
- Bangkok to Bali: 26 nights’ accommodation. Rooms are on a twin or multi-share basis and you’ll stay in a combination of hotels, hostels, camp dorms, local homestays and one night on a sleeper train.
- Bali Beaches: 12 nights’ accommodation. All rooms are twin share, with the exception of your room in Ubud, which will be quad share. All the accommodations have air-conditioning and a swimming pool.
- Philippines Island Hop: 11 nights’ accommodation. Most rooms are twin-share, with the exception of Manila and Boracay, where you’ll stay in a mixed-sex dorm room.
Included meals for each section of the trip are as follows. You’ll have to buy the rest of your meals, snacks and drinks yourself. This gives you maximum flexibility to enjoy Asia’s varied, affordable and delicious cuisine.
- Sri Lanka Experience (option 2 only): 10 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Intro to Japan (option 2 only): 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners
- Southeast Asia Experience: 12 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 3 dinners
- Bangkok to Bali: 18 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- Bali Beaches: 12 breakfasts
- Philippines Island Hop: 5 breakfasts and 1 lunch
You must be at least 18 years old to join this trip. This trip is designed for travellers aged 18-39
- Sri Lanka (option 2 only): British citizens need to get a visa before arrival. You can apply for a Electronic Travel Authorization visa online (ETA) through the official Sri Lankan ETA website.
- Japan (option 2 only): If you have a British passport, you can enter Japan as a visitor for up to 90 days without a visa. You may need to provide evidence of onward travel.
- Thailand: British passport holders can enter Thailand for up to 30 days without a visa.
- Laos: You will need a tourist visa to enter Laos, which can be purchased on arrival for approximately 35USD – please bring a passport photo with you for this.
- Vietnam: British nationals must apply for a visa before entering Vietnam. You can apply for a 30-day eVisa through the official Vietnamese Government website.
- Cambodia: British travellers need a visa to enter Cambodia. You should apply for this visa on arrival at the Cambodian border (where you will need to pay a fee) with the rest of your group. Visa are valid for 30 days from arrival.
- Malaysia: British nationals do not need a visa to visit Malaysia. You will normally be given permission to stay for 3 months on arrival.
- Singapore: You don’t normally need a visa to enter Singapore for stays of up to 90 days for tourism, business or social visits.
- Indonesia/Bali: British passport holders can enter Bali without a visa for up to 30 days. You will need at least 6 months remaining on your passport.
- Philippines: You can enter the Philippines without a visa for an initial period of 30 days.
Please note: Visa, passport and entry restrictions can be subject to change. Always check foreign travel advice before your trip.
What Luggage Do You Suggest?
We’ll be moving around a lot, so we would always recommend a backpack rather than a suitcase as they’re easier to carry. You’ll need a small day pack as well for when we’re trekking or on excursions. We’d also suggest that you pack as light as you can. Most of our destinations are in the tropics, so your clothes are likely to be lighter, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
How Many People Will Be In My Group?
All our group tours are small, and you’ll be travelling with between 12 and 25 people, depending on the section of the trip and how many people have booked on to your tour.
What Will The Average Age Of The Other Travellers Be?
You will probably have a mix of ages in your group, but travellers have to be over 18 to be eligible to travel with us. Most travellers are aged 18-35.
Will Each Leg Of The Trip Follow On Directly From The Last?
Not necessarily. Depending on your dates of travel, there may be a number of days in between trip sections. Speak to your travel adviser for more information.
I’m Travelling With A Friend, Can We Stay Together?
Yes! Let us know at the time of booking and we’ll try to ensure you’re placed together.
Can I Book A Private Room?
Private room upgrades may be available at an additional cost. Ask your travel adviser for more information.
Due to Covid-19, many of our partners and suppliers across the globe are putting in place new procedures and policies regarding health and safety in response to the outbreak. These new measures will adapt and change as the state of travel evolves, and the policies and procedures will vary depending on each trip. Some changes that you may experience on our trips are:
Updated safety & hygiene procedures
Health and safety measures will be adapted by our partners and suppliers, dependent on local laws and restrictions.
Different transport & accommodation
You may find yourself on transport or in accommodation that would not typically be used, such as hostels that are more secluded, or on more private transport. This may vary by trip, or even by individual departure dates.
Most trips include a meeting on arrival with the guide or local team to discuss the trip, and this is an opportunity for you to ask any questions. You should arrive in time to attend these briefings.
Emergency support 24/7
We have a UK based 24/7 emergency phone line if you have a genuine urgent matter that you need attending.
Knowledgeable & Trained Staff
We can help answer any questions or concerns you may have before you depart. Whilst travelling the guide or local team on our trips are there to help, and to ensure the smooth running of our trips.
Should you require medical assistance whilst travelling, the local team or guide will be able to help you get to a point of care. Medical facilities and standards can vary across the glove, so you should ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place.
Varying group sizes
To begin with, many trips will run with amended group sizes, so you may find smaller groups than would be typical. This may vary by trip, or even by individual departure dates.
Whilst there may be changes on our trips, it is vital that you make travelling safer for yourself, your travel companions, the local staff and guides, and the people of the country you are visiting. You should follow all local laws and restrictions, and follow the guidance of the local team. In addition, you can help make travel safer by bringing and using your own face coverings/masks and hand sanitiser, social distance where appropriate, wash your hands frequently, and cover your face when coughing or sneezing.