Australia Working Holiday Visa
Up to 12 months from £349
- Secure a working holiday visa and become eligible to live and work in Australia for up to 12 months
- Find great paid work across a range of areas, including hospitality, farm work and construction
- Earn wages of £10 per hour or more!
- Booking through Real Gap Experience makes the application process quick and simple
- Once you have received your visa, you can activate it at any time within the next 12 months
- Kick start an unforgettable adventure Down Under!
If you’re aged 18-30, you may be eligible for a working holiday visa in Australia, which allows you to live and work in Australia for up to 12 months! You can find great paid work all across the country with average wages at around £15 per hour! With typical jobs including farm work, construction, bar jobs, hospitality, office work, and more, you’ll soon find a job that suits you. Then, you can use the money you earn to explore this gorgeous sun-soaked country. Applying for a working holiday visa is the first step towards an unforgettable adventure – and applying through us couldn’t be easier!
Interested and want to find out more? Download more trip information and detailed itinerary HERE!
A Working Holiday Visa is your ticket to an unforgettable travel experience in Australia. If you are aged 18-30, you can head Down Under and live and work in the country for up to 12 months. There are a huge range of opportunities across a range of industries, and average wages of £15 per hour! Get hold of your Working Holiday Visa and start earning money as you travel.
The application process is as follows:
- Check your eligibility for an Australian Working Holiday Visa (detailed in the minimum age & eligibility section below).
- Apply on our website or by phone and pay the application fee.
- You will receive an online application form to fill out. Complete and return to us, along with a photocopy of your passport.
- We will process your application. Once you have received confirmation that your visa has been approved, you can book your flights!
Want support finding work in Australia, plus a week of exciting activities to get you settled into life Down Under? Why not combine your working holiday visa with our Paid Work in Australia programme? This programme sets you up with all the practicalities you need to find paid work, such as a bank account and tax file number, and you’ll start meeting people straight away on an action-packed intro week!
- Australian Working Holiday Visa valid for 12 months
- Application support
- Travel Insurance
- Paid work
- Accommodation & meals
Accommodation and meals are not included with the Working Holiday Visa. If you want a week of accommodation and activities when you first arrive, consider booking our Paid Work in Australia programme.
Please do not book your flight until your Working Holiday Visa has been confirmed. To book your flights, please contact our flight specialist on 01892 277037 who will find you the best deal on the day. Please provide them with your full name as it is stated in your passport.
To be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa under this scheme you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application.
- Hold a valid passport, with at least six months remaining following return.
- Not be accompanied by children on your visit.
- Have not previously entered Australia on a working holiday visa.
- Meet the relevant health and character requirements.
- Be outside of Australia at the time of visa grant.
- Agree that your main reason for travelling to Australia is for a holiday.
- Not undertake studies or training for more than three months.
- Have plans to leave Australia following your authorised period in the country.
- Have sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial period of your stay – a minimum of 5,000AUD is regarded as sufficient – you might have to provide evidence of this in the form of a bank statement.
If you have any questions, please contact a travel advisor.
Do I Need A Certain Amount Of Money To Enter Australia?
If you have a Working Holiday Visa or have a return ticket out of Australia you’re unlikely to be asked to show evidence of funds. Please note that you’ll need sufficient spending money to last you until your first pay cheque, so it’s a good idea to plan a budget for meals, drinks, activities, travel and accommodation.
What Types Of Jobs Are Commonly Available?
There are a wide range of jobs available to you, so you have a great chance of finding something that suits your skill set! The most commonly available jobs include hospitality roles in bars, cafes and restaurants, office and admin positions, farm and seasonal work and labour and construction roles.
How Long Should I Stay In Each Job?
You’re allowed to stay for a maximum of six months with any one employer. How long a job lasts will depend on the type of job you’re doing, how you perform in that particular role, and whether or not you find the role suitable. An average traveller job tends to last between two to three months, but many people do the full six months.
How Much Can I Expect To Earn In Australia?
The most common backpacker work in Australia pays around $18-25 AUD per hour. Of course, this will vary depending on the type of work you’re doing, as well as your experience and location.